YOUR VOICE MATTERS – GIVE YOUR INPUT ON THE FUTURE OF DIVISION
What is your vision for the future of Division? We want to know!
How can you give input?
- Share our support our work. We encourage community members to pass on our recommendations to their neighborhood or business association and consider supporting these in a letter to the City Council regarding the current 2035 update to the Comprehensive Plan. The time is NOW as this plan will impact Portland’s next 20 years of growth – will it continue as recently seen or will it be more sustainable and perhaps blend better with the context of our neighborhoods? Your input is needed…View our Top Ten Policy Recommendations for the City of Portland.
- Attend a Division Design Initiative meeting or event – We’ve held workshops and education panels, walking tours, street fairs, and held monthly meetings with our design committee to develop Division design guidelines. Sign up to our notice list to find out about upcoming events.
- Talk to us! Email us at email@example.com
Learn about our Community Input Work
- An Improved Community Notification & Input Policy – view the Notification & Community Engagement Recommendation 5.11.15 (adopted by RNA, DCBA, HAND, DDC, LNA, SEUL, and other community orgs) – share with your neighborhood and if you support these recommendations, write a letter to the City Council to support them and ask for these to be integrated into new Community Involvement policies.
- PSU Division Perceptions Survey – (Spring 2014-2015) Thank you to the 300 respondents who took the PSU Division Perceptions Survey! Survey is now closed – View the results!
- “Envision Division” Suggestion Boxes (Fall 2014- Summer 2015)
Thank you community members! We received close to 450 responses to the Architecture for Humanity Envision Division Suggestion Boxes! We have almost all of these paper cards tabulated & analyzed and will be sharing these soon! View Art Installations Walking Tour Map of suggestion box art installations + new Division Street public art.
About the Envision Division Suggestion Boxes – Art Installation Series
These art installations were developed in partnership with Architecture for Humanity and are being used to gather community input for Division. The online survey has been great for reaching some members of the community but we wanted to make sure we also reached the community that walks, shops, dines, works, and lives along or near Division first hand. The hope is that similar installations might be available to other Portland neighborhoods and business districts to use to gather similar input for their area. Want to do a similar project in your neighborhood? Let us know!
Follow us: #envisiondivision | Questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org